Our client is looking for Data Architect/Data Steward (DA/DS) is responsible for the creation, support and maintenance of data repositories used as sources for the Pharmacy management System. This is the foundational position for ensuring the data sources are robust and secure. Directly works with the client Enterprise and Solution Architecture, and various business functions to determine the data requirements, how to obtain and store the data, and then to provide the data to the business as agreed.Responsibilities:
- Work with business to identify strategic data requirements of the system.
- Determine how the system data will be stored and utilized to best provide actionable data to the end user.
- Assess the system’s internal and external data and design blueprint to manage the available data.
- Create an inventory of systems data and store data in easily accessible format.
- Design and develop complex database management systems.
- Collaborate with enterprise’s management to create data models in line with the organization’s needs.
- Work with internal and external resources to develop robust Extract/Transform/Load (ETL) processes for disparate data sources.
- Establish and monitor connections to all data sources for stability and reliability.
- Diligently maintain version control through change management process.
- Create and maintain objects inside all repositories which accurately store and reflect the data acquired, such as: Tables, Indices, Stored Procedures and Views.
- Act as DBA when called on to administer repositories.
- Stand up new data sources as required
- Work to ensure the quality of the data.
- Conforms to standards/governance defined by the clients Enterprise Architecture
- Notifies appropriate business partners when quality issues arise, monitors to resolution
Demonstrated ability to work with business partners to take a project from idea to specification to realization. Ability to communicate complex data concepts to business partners unfamiliar with these concepts. Understanding of database administration, construction and data acquisition.
Education / Experience:
- Proficiency in SQL, XML, and JSON.
- Experience working with HL7 v2, v3, and FIHR
- Proficiency in working with data dictionaries to discover data structures and relationships in foreign data sources, such as complex ERP systems where knowledgeable resources are difficult to find.
- Thorough understanding of ETL (Mapping, Cleaning, Transforming).
- Ability to work with external consultants to deliver a thoroughly documented ETL strategy that conforms to company’s standards, using only company-approved tools and formats.
- Ability to generate tools for data manipulation where necessary, such as developing and maintaining hierarchies or data mapping for harmonization.
- Experience with Microsoft Azure or GCS desired.
- Bachelor’s in Computer Science or other relevant discipline.
- 5 -10 years building and maintaining a Data Warehouse or other repository designed to be used as a data source for business reporting.