Key Responsibilities/Job Functions:
- BA/PM will be assigned 1 large and 1 small security process related projects.
- Looking for candidates with strong BA background and looking to move into project management.
- Candidates should have 4-5 years experience as BA.
- Experience in cyber security, Telco preferred (any large Canadian corporation).
Experience and Education Preferred:
- Individuals within the Business Analysis job family are responsible for ensuring that business requirements are clearly identified, prioritized and satisfied by appropriate technical and or business process solutions.
- The Business Analysis role continues throughout the development lifecycle of any solution. Key responsibilities include eliciting, analyzing, documenting and validating business requirements, process flows, identifying system and process solution components, producing functional specifications for solution components or possibly for the integrated solutions. At the highest levels, they can help identify and address business opportunities with innovative business architectures.
- Business Analysis professionals define test cases, validate individual functions and the overall solution delivery, and may be directly involved in the test process. Individuals within this job family also may be responsible for identifying, analyzing, reporting and helping with the mitigation of IT risks. They may also assure that the necessary business continuity and disaster recovery plans are in place, maintained and tested for satisfactory resiliency for critical business processes, in response to a wide range of potential threats. This includes coordinating business continuity activities including planning, testing, and incident/crisis management, to assure survivability and viability of our client in case of significant business / IT disruption.
- Individual in this job family are involved in setting technology and business strategies and ensuring their optimal convergence. Business Analysis professionals provide the key interface between users and developers and therefore require deep business knowledge across business areas and a technical appreciation across a range of technologies. Successful Business Analysts have excellent written and oral communication skills, project management and people management skills.
- Typically works on projects which impact a multiple departments or workgroups across multiple business units and which impact external our clients' customers e.g. "RCI" or on projects estimated as "Extra Large"
- Has expertise across multiple business areas, and across multiple systems and departments e.g. "Sales, Finance Commissions and Product Management"
- Performs analysis for projects with significant risk and impact to customer service or revenue generation.
- Typically oversees multiple initiatives and/or the work of multiple analysts simultaneously
- Recommends work packages to fulfill a solution
- Manages process to determine deliverables, resources, and schedules
- Gathers and documents internal and external business user and functional specification requirements using interviews, document analysis, workshops, surveys, site visits, task and workflow analysis in highly complex environments.
- Refines requirements using critical evaluation techniques, focus groups, meetings, negotiation, systems knowledge and experience.
- Communicates with project managers, application developers subject matter experts, end users and our clients' executives.
- Prepares documentation on expected benefits, use cases, current / proposed process, workflows, data flows, process re-engineering studies, functional specifics, risk integration, end-user adoption plans/guides and organization structures.
- Represents clients to identify potential solutions and help prioritize and select among options.
- Organizes assumptions, suggests additions and deletions and probes for refined data.
- Acts as liaison between business and system areas.
- Provides validation of testing
- Recommends actions
- Develops and conducts large group training.
- Identifies and highlights problem areas, gaps or conflicts derived from information gathered.
- Generates and proposes options for resolution.
- Champions and drives proposed system development or business process resolutions.
- Ensures projects align with the business and IT strategies at the project and business unit level.
- Contributes to the development of plans and processes in supported organizations and at the business unit level.
- Understands industry trends and practices for the clients business and for areas of domain expertise.
- Contributes to the development of firm and industry standards and supported adoption of best practices.
- Determines staffing requirements and selects team members
Inclusion and Equal Opportunity Employment:
- Communicates effectively with meaningful and articulate verbal discussions.
- Creates clear and coherent written materials.
- Synthesizes information into succinct, concise and logical summaries and reports.
- Takes ownership for high quality internal, external, IT and business unit stakeholder communications.
- Demonstrated experience with Program Management and Software Development Lifecycle methodologies.
- Draws conclusions from information.
- 5 - 10 years of Business Analysis experience.
- Undergraduate degree.
- Graduate degree, preferred.
emergiTEL is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veterans status, aboriginal status, or any other legally-protected factors. Disability-related accommodation during the application process is available upon request.