Wireless In-Building System Designer
We are looking for an in-Building System Designer with proficiency using iBwave software.
Responsible for the RF engineering design and system performance of wireless networks with a dedicated focus on in-building systems. Applies propagation theory, cellular theory, RF engineering tools and antenna theory in system design to maximize coverage, capacity and performance of the network.
1. Graduate of a post-secondary electrical engineering program (BSc/B.Eng or equivalent).
2. Minimum two years experience in related field.
3. Knowledge of radio propagation theory, radio transmitter and receiver circuits, cellular system principles and two way land mobile communications with a strong focus on in-building system design.
4. Proficient in IB Wave RF Vu in-building system design software.
5. Highly motivated individual with superior organizational and analytical skills.
6. Effective technical writing and communication skills in English.
7. Strong computer skills.
- Design of wireless system radio coverage using RF engineering software and accepted engineering principles with a dedicated focus on in-building systems to determine equipment type, configuration, antenna placement, ERP, and to ensure compliance with Safety Code 6.
- Design of radio system parameters including primary scrambling code, CPICH power and neighbour relations for UMTS network.
- Optimization of wireless network as part of integrating new systems into the wireless network.
- Modify the RF system design of existing systems to accommodate capacity growth. Site visits may be required to evaluate the radio environment, feasibility and limitations of installations.
- Maintain accurate RBS, ERP, and system design information in database.
- Work with other engineers/departments to troubleshoot worst performing systems; detailed one-by-one analysis of systems including configurations, neighbor optimization, and parameter settings.
- Liaison with government agencies (Industry Canada, etc.) to ensure that RF installations meet the necessary standards (e.g. Safety Code 6) .
- Coordinate with other wireless carriers on co-located installations. Modifications may be required to ensure no harmful interference or degradation is caused to one another.
- Work with other engineering departments as well as field operations and facilities to provide sound technical design and support.