Job Description : Business Systems Analyst - Expert
An Expert Business Systems Analyst assesses, analyzes and redefines system scope based on user needs and the industry requirements.
- Works with complex information systems and develops or modifies existing systems through analysis of business and user needs. Will be responsible for reviewing system capacity, limitation, delivery and results.
- Job mandate is small to large development or maintenance projects (multiple projects - one application with multiple interfaces and/or 3rd parties). Performs complex design analysis, research alternative approaches and perform cost/benefit/risk analysis; performs the highest level of systems analysis and acts as a consultant to the business and other Systems Analysts.
- Responsible for translating the analysis and system logic difficulties into proper system requirement specifications. Will possess full technical knowledge of most phases of systems analysis and is able to correctly consider the business implications of the application of technology to the current and future business environment.
Knowledge and Experience:
- Assess detailed business requirements and recommend business solutions that satisfy sponsor/stakeholder needs, continually exploring and assessing options for value-add for clients
- Lead and facilitate working sessions and business interviews to achieve clarity on business objectives
- Identify and resolve business systems issues
- Assists with prioritizing developmental requests
- Assess and analyze sponsor/stakeholder needs in accordance with Project Life Cycle methodology utilizing reporting tools, requirements gathering methodologies, process models, data models and prototypes
- Business Requirements documentation, analysis, specifications, development support and testing
- Leads detailed requirements and specifications phase identifying, tracking, escalating and/or resolving business systems issues
- Works with developers, vendor consultants and numerous data sources to gather data requirements and mapping specifications. Develops detailed plans and accurate estimates for completion of the data mapping specifications and testing activities.
- Addresses and clarifies specifications for business partners on data mapping related issues. Manages data acquisition and data mapping activities
- Delivers test plans, test cases, and functional, system integration testing to ensure quality of product.
- Develop test plans to ensure quality. Leads testing activities for assigned areas and complete defect tracking, monitoring, and resolution of defects.
- Provides BSA support to development team during development, testing and implementation
- Provides insight and recommendations to Program/Project Manager. Contributes to successful project completion within budget and on time by identifying risks and developing/recommending mitigation strategies
- May act as a team leader for projects with moderate budgets or immediate duration.
- Participates in implementation planning, data preparation and post implementation validation
Skills and Competencies:
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related field
- 7+ years experience as a business systems analyst
- Analytical, detail oriented and problem solving skills
- Expert verbal and written communication skills
- Customer service oriented with effective interpersonal skills
- Strong facilitation and presentation skills
- Expert ability to resolve minor conflicts/issues using different tactics for prior to escalation
- Expert knowledge of cost/benefit analysis, risk assessment and quantification methodologies
- Expert knowledge of computer software
- Conceptual thinker, creative thinker
- Critical, analytical thinker that leverages innovative ideas
- Ability to drive results and mentor and provide constructive feedback
- Ability to work independently
- Organized and effective time management
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, detail oriented project environment