View all jobs
Sr. VAS Operation Specialist (FM - 0123)Toronto, ON
- Analyzes and solves incidents on VAS platforms (including but not limited to SMSC,MMSC,VMS,USSD,CBC,OTA,EIR,Roaming,SMS & Voice anti-spam systems etc.)
- Works with different VAS vendors to ensure VAS incidents are resolved within agreed SLAs.
- Takes proactive measures to prevent issues and perform regular system backups.
- Handles on-call responsibilities for incidents on 24x7 rotation basis.
- Solves trouble tickets issued by customer care and other business teams.
- Executes VAS system work orders and supports other scheduled maintenance work impacting VAS systems.
- Performs acceptance testing/CAT for new VAS services and new platforms.
- Responsible for user management and user access of VAS platforms.
- Identifies and works with VAS Engineering to address system/solution deficiencies.
- Works on launch into production of new VAS platforms or new functionality on existing platforms
- Creates Incident/RCA reports for VAS platform incidents.
- Candidate must possess at least a Bachelor's degree, preferably in the Telecommunications / Computer Science.
- At least 5 years relevant technical hands-on working experience in managing telecommunication systems in an
- operational environment.
- Unix/Linux user skills.
- Good working knowledge of SS7, SIGTRAN, DIAMETER,SMPP,OTAP, SNMP, SIP, TCP/IP, routers and switches.
- Good understanding of GSM/LTE/VoWIFI concepts.
- English – advanced level.