The Vendor Manager has accountability for developing sourcing strategies and the strategic procurement of Business Process Outsourcing in the IT and Technology Services space. In addition, the Vendor Manager is responsible for managing supplier relationships, including driving value for money and ongoing supplier performance, as well as coordinating efforts between internal stakeholders and the supplier account teams to meet procurement objectives. Individual can be based in Toronto or Montreal offices.
- The Vendor Manager will use their market knowledge to develop and deploy world-class approaches to spend management while utilizing e-procurement tools to deliver cost reduction.
- The Vendor Manager will also be responsible for negotiating, drafting, administering and managing commercial contracts associated with Business Process Outsourcing (BPO) suppliers.
The Vendor Manager is accountable for a portfolio of assigned vendors with a primary expectation to: deliver on vendor negotiations driving value for money; execute sourcing strategies; spend category intelligence and analytics; contract negotiation, drafting and administration; and perform ongoing vendor performance monitoring and evaluation.
Required Skills & Abilities:
- Solid understanding of negotiation theory, strategies and practices
- Rooted knowledge and experience relating to Business Process Outsourcing in Technology Services (e.g. IT Outsourcing (ITO), Contact Center Outsourcing (CCO), Finance and Accounting Outsourcing (FAO) )
- Rooted knowledge and experience relating to deploying automation efficiencies in BPO space (e.g. AI, RPA)
- Good understanding of Strategic sourcing concepts and best practices, related to the procurement of IT products and services.
- Knowledge of financial principles and Sarbanes-Oxley requirements an asset
- Strong Strategic Vendor Management subject-matter expertise in at least one of the following areas:
- BPO, ITO and CCO agreements
- IT and Technology Services agreements
Required Professional Designation/Certification:
- High degree of business ethics and accountability
- Strong business and financial acumen - including proven experience in structuring deals, drafting legal agreements, risk mitigation and skilled negotiations
- Ability to maintain perspective and confidence in face of difficult contract negotiations, tight deadlines and client expectations
- Ability to engage effectively with different levels of management in TELUS and Vendor organizations to lead the management of TELUS' relationships with key strategic level vendors
- Excellent problem solving, and planning skills
- Spirited team player with the ability to work as a positive role model and catalyst for change
- Ability to foster and motivate cross functional team engagement when leading and negotiating transactions
- Competency with Microsoft office suite of tools, e-contract management and e-Sourcing tools an asset.
- Bachelor degree in Business/Commerce, MBA, LLB, Engineering, or Supply Chain management preferred (equivalencies in experience considered)
- Professional designation in Supply Chain Management or equivalent preferred (PMAC SCMP / CPP, ISM) or equivalent) - Willingness to complete these designations as a part of your career development
Must to have skills:
- Minimum 5+ years’ experience in a related role (e.g. vendor manager, vendor relationship manager, strategic sourcing and supply chain professional, supply chain management professional)
- Experience structuring, writing, and editing legal contracts with large complex organizations
- Experience in management of long-term vendor relationships including providing feedback on performance metrics and deliverables over time is required
- Commodity management, logistics and supply chain management including procurement and extensive experience in competitive bidding processes including leading RFX processes end to end in highly organized, collaborative and successful fashion.
- 5 to 7 years proven experience structuring deals and leading product or service contract negotiations
- Experience in the Telecommunications industry or engineering capacity an asset
1. Solid understanding of negotiation theory, strategies, and practices
2. Good understanding of Strategic sourcing concepts and best practices, related to procurement of IT products and services (specifically BPO and automation)
3. Proven experience in leading supplier negotiations and structuring deals, including establishing contract terms and conditions (ie pricing, performance management and SLA development), drafting legal agreements, and implementing risk mitigation best practices
Nice to have skills:
1. Strong Strategic Vendor Management subject-matter expertise in Business Process Outsourcing and automation .
2. Experience in management of long-term vendor relationships including providing feedback on performance metrics and deliverables over time is required
3. Strong business and financial acumen - including proven experience in structuring deals, drafting legal agreements, risk mitigation and skilled negotiations