You are a Designer and Planner of Hybrid Fibre Coax (HFC) networks, responsible for planning and design of RF HFC plant and producing plans and detailed designs. You’ll be an integral part of the project team and will design networks using a variety of tools, ensuring constructability issues are incorporated into the network designs.
- Perform planning and layout of HFC broadband plant, including N+0 reconfigurations and frequency upgrades.
- Perform detailed design of RF plant, including signal level and powering design.
- Lead projects such as HFC node splits, segmentations and RF plant optimizations.
- Support PON (GPON / FTTH) networks extensions.
- Lead and mentor junior designers, schedule, review and quality control work of junior team members.
- Perform quality control and field checks of construction and inspections
- Reading and interpreting outside plant records (data, maps, fibre network designs)
- Maintain knowledge of current OSP design principles and industry standards, and perform in compliance with updated Safety Codes, Electric Codes, customer practices and procedures
- Conduct site walk for data collection and verification of existing plant conditions, identify constructability issues for preparation of construction drawings.
- Perform system design, create BOM and provide construction quotes.
- Collaborating with team members from other divisions to overcome project challenges and issues
- Following company standards and procedures related to Health & Safety while performing assigned job duties
- Ensuring schedule deadlines are adhered to and project deliverables are maintained
- Travelling and working on site as required
- 5-10 years’ experience working within HFC broadband plant and fibre design.
- Graduate from an Engineering program or technical college program (preferably in one of the following areas: civil, electrical/telecommunications) (or equivalent experience)
- Eligible for registration as a Professional Engineer in BC is an asset.
- Working knowledge of PON or CATV standards and architectures, HFC and PON experience is a must
- Organized and self-motivated with strong attention to detail
- Experience with Spatial Net and AutoCAD is an asset.
- Working knowledge of construction or telecom documents, drawings, specifications and current construction practices and methodology
- Strong organizational and planning skills and the ability to manage multiple priorities
- Successful completion of a criminal background check and pre-employment requirements