• Analysis and Design of Application Interfaces & Integrations
• Analysis and Design of New Web and Mobile Applications & Refactoring existing code
• Development of Specified Designs & Delivery of Integrated Unit Testing • Investigate, determine, and recommend technical solutions to align with business requirements.
• Maturing a DevOps methodology & continuous focus on improvement •
Maturing of Design and Development practices (TDD, CI/CD etc.)
• Technical project leadership, focus on practical & effective Design & Development
• Training and Mentoring with Teammates continually looking to grow and mature the team
• Knowledge of various SDLC methodologies Agile, Iterative, Waterfall
• Analyze complex systems and programming problems and recommend and implement solutions.
• Collaborate with technical and business teams to identify current and future business requirements and create current state/future state technical diagrams (data flows, integrations, etc.)
• Lead the creation and/or provide input into technical specifications documentation.
• Provide work effort estimates for development tasks.
• Provide work status updates to management and in line with published delivery schedules.
• Expected to function at a high programming level with responsibility and accountability for meeting plans and schedules which may require off-hours support. EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
• Bachelor's or Master's Degree in an engineering discipline preferably Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems, or other related field or equivalent work experience.
• 6+ years of progressive programming experience in leading web based development projects.
• 6+ years of analytical experience.
The Ideal Candidate will have: • Hands on working knowledge with Microsserves, Microsites and cloud native development experience
• Hands on experience with NodeJS, MVC.Net, .NetCore or Java – 2+ years
• Strong Object Oriented Analysis & Design experience – 2+ years
• Hands on working with Java Frameworks Spring, Spring Boot, or MVC.Net
• Experience or solid Knowledge of Mobile development for phones and tablets, Swift, Objective C, Java
• Knowledge of web services REST / SOAP (JSON, XML)
• Knowledge of Data modeling and or ETL/ELT / Talend – a plus
• Knowledge of Big Data toolsets – Cassandra, Hadoop, Yarn MapReduce, Spark, Sqoop – a plus • Insurance knowledge – a plus
• Technical leadership to drive design and development tasks
• Strong communication and documentation skills
• Hands on troubleshooting/problem solving experience
• Expert knowledge of system development and implementation.
• Knowledge of the project life cycle and Experience with Agile methodologies
• Understanding of appropriate business operations; environments such as: Web; Mobile client/server or LAN; applicable languages, software, and one or more applicable database languages and testing tools; system development and implementation.