The right candidate should have an understanding of ServiceNow functionality and how all ITIL processes can be implemented / supported in ServiceNow. This includes, but is not limited to Incident Management, Change Management, Problem Management and Asset Management. The ServiceNow Platform Developer will work closely with Service Operations/Delivery teams to gather input to support ongoing business needs for ServiceNow configuration, implementation and support.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Develop and customize ServiceNow – from collecting requirements, writing implementation plans, to coding and execution of those plans.
- Administer Scrum/SDLC module in ServiceNow explicitly for the development of ServiceNow.
- Transform functional requirements into detailed technical designs that represent actionable development tasks
- Ensure that technical designs meet functional design requirements as well as maintain the integrity and sustainability of the application
- Define and meet standards for implementations in ServiceNow to ensure consistency and supportability of customizations.
- Develop test cases for functional and regression testing.
- Perform integrations and process automation using ServiceNow Orchestration.
- Create and maintain API and data integration processes between ServiceNow and other services.
- Generate operational reports and KPI analysis as needed
- Recognize and report issues before they adversely impact the project schedule.
- Respond to Service Requests and provide incident resolution.
- Create process documentation for team and provides internal training to ServiceNow admins and developers.
- Ability to support working outside of normal business hours to provide after hour or "on-call" support when necessary to solve high profile issues or complete critical path projects
- 2-3 years working as ServiceNow developer
- Demonstrated project work of advanced ServiceNow development
- ServiceNow Scripting training completed
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Experience driving complex product development initiatives from concept through release
- Workflow administration, Reporting, Form/UI configurations, Notifications, Data Imports, Custom Scripting. ·
- Extensive hands on various scripting API’s present in ServiceNow platform
- ITIL Foundation certified·