our client Insights is building a team to drive innovation around analytics. We are seeking a Data Scientist who will be responsible for mining big data and turning that data into actionable intelligence for our client products and services. This Data Scientist role is expected to build and provide a holistic view of the Whole Organization’s Data sources, Data and analytics needs, challenges and road-map. This role will also be responsible for analyzing very large data sets and building statistical & optimization models from multiple data sources in order to provide advanced analytics and reporting.
The Data Scientist will be a thought leader capable of asking the right business questions while bridging the gap between data, analytics, and business intelligence. The ideal candidate is expected to communicate effectively with executives and peers from the various our client departments to ensure efficient solutions that bring the maximum value to our client.
- The Data Scientist will be responsible for designing and implementing processes and layouts for complex, large-scale data sets used for modeling, data mining, and research purposes.
- Design and build large and complex data sets, from spurious sources while thinking strategically about uses of data and how data use interacts with data design. Design and implement statistical data quality procedures for new data sources.
- Ability to communicate findings to business leaders in a way that can influence how an organization approaches a business challenge
- Develop algorithms/software for accessing and handling data appropriately. Implement and hand off data checking and updating procedures to teams.
- Visualize and report data findings creatively in a variety of visual formats that appropriately provides insights to the organization.
- Train others on what data is available and how to use various sources
- Previous Telecommunications data analysis experience is an asset; emphasis on location data analytics
- Bachelor’s Degree (or higher) in Computer Science, Statistics, Applied Math, Engineering or other quantitative field; With a solid foundation in modeling, statistics, analytics and math
- Minimum of 3 years of hands-on data analytics experience in a corporate environment; Comfortable working with large, complex data sets from varying sources;
- Highly motivated with the ability to work on a multiple projects simultaneously;
- Team player, creative, entrepreneurial, willing to experiment, persistent and structured.
Must be able to:
Must have skills:: (please at least 3 skills/exp):
- Work with structured and unstructured data sets;
- Lead analytics projects to support the strategic product direction, sales and customer efforts;
- Perform hypothesis testing and develop predictive model;
- Evaluate and provide input on potential business intelligence solutions.
- Ability to apply statistical principles to data analytics;
- Comfortable in statistical analysis, clustering and data mining techniques to identify trends and insights
- Thorough understanding of relational database design;
- Highly proficiency in SQL.
- Fluent programming in Python, Hive, or SAS
- Familiar with machine learning, artificial intelligence and data mining algorithms.
- Familiarity with extracting data from Hadoop using frameworks like Hive and from MPP platforms
1. Work with SQL on including running queries, and modifying large queries to meet new needs
2. Familiarity with extracting data from Hadoop using frameworks like Hive and from MPP platforms
3. Bachelor’s Degree (or higher) in Computer Science, Statistics, Applied Math, Engineering or other quantitative field; with a solid foundation in modeling, statistics, analytics and math
4. Highly motivated with the ability to work on a multiple projects simultaneously
5. Work with structured and unstructured data sets
6. Fluent programming in Python, Hive, R, or SAS
Nice to have skills:: (please at least 3 skills/exp):
1. Previous experience in Location Analytics
2. Understanding of geospatial analysis
3. Ability to approach problems from a design perspective; Design thinking facilitation an asset