The Digital Video Services Development team is responsible for the creation of awesome online experiences, powering the digital experience of Canada’s most recognized brands, such as TSN, RDS, CTV and Crave TV. Our team’s mission is to deliver digital experiences that entertain, inform, engage and inspire audiences through the screen of their choice – at home or on the go – on the web and through connected consumer electronic devices.
We work in a collaborative, agile environment with team members to develop specifications, make recommendations and build experiences that Canadians expect. We routinely explore the latest emerging technology to always remain at the forefront of the Digital Video industry.
What we can do for you!
We offer great benefits and working conditions including flexible health and life insurance, employee discount plan, flexible hours, heavy investment on people development and training, pension plan and employee stock plan, open space environment and access to cutting edge-technology.
Reporting to the Senior Manager, you will be playing a key role in crafting the platform that powers the digital presence for CLIENTS brands.
Your duties will primarily revolve around building and maintaining software used in the ingestion and delivery operations of CLIENT Digital. You will also be involved in supporting system testing and validation procedures. As well as supporting the Product Owner in assessing the effort required to implement requests from our business units.
To be successful in this role, you will be expected to collaborate with their team to suggest the best path forward to support feature requests, complete work on-time, and be a self-motivated individual who can work without supervision.
· Minimum 3 years’ experience in media or telecommunications in the areas of Software Development, IT, Technology Development, or Engineering functions
· Previous experience developing solutions targeting the .NET framework
· Previous experience developing solutions written in C#
· Previous experience developing against the PostgreSQL RDBMS
· Previous experience working within a Linux environment, specifically Red Hat
· Produce clean, efficient code based on requirements
· Troubleshoot, debug and upgrade existing software
· Eager to learn new skills or techniques
· Previous experience working in an agile development team
· Previous experience with developing video software is an asset
· Previous experience with .Net Core is an asset