Reporting to the Development Manager for Broadcast Platforms and Radio, we are looking for a Ruby on Rails Developer to support the Digital team. This team supports Digital TV, Digital Radio (websites) and includes the Platform Group (Ad implementations and Analytics across multiple digital brands).
This resource will be supporting the Ad Tech team to manage utilities for display and video ads on their websites.
Mandatory skill set includes 3-5 years experience with:
- Strong documentation skills
- WordPress and PHP are a huge asset
Must be a team player with strong communication skills
Key Responsibilities/Job Functions:
- Responsible for the technical / systems analysis, design, development, unit testing, system integration testing, implementation and support of software applications, using existing and emerging technology platforms. Role includes custodian of the established architecture assuring that documented standards and procedures are adhered to and ensure the smooth interpretability of the applications.
- Collaborating with IT Platform Management, work with the business to obtain the necessary clarity of the requirements at a function point context. Work with project managers, sponsors and other stakeholders to develop and plan technical strategies, agree upon project priorities and deliver applications that support business requirements. Also responsible for the Systems integration testing of applications prior to code release to Quality Assurance.
- Applications Development professionals are responsible for working with their managers to assure their own continuing professional development for both technical and soft skills and that of their teams. At the more senior levels, application developers are expected to train others, participate in company and industry working groups, and encourage learning, sharing culture that supports development of innovative and effective business solutions.
- Applications Development professionals will develop a thorough understanding of the businesses they support along with well-developed people and project management skills. They may apply these skills either within a narrow business focus or broadly across the firm.