The individual will be responsible for a portfolio of IT projects related to Supply Chain. This individual will review business requirements and interpret these into an architectural design that will align to client’s Reference Architecture Standards. For each project, the Senior Solution Architect will be responsible to ensure that the Business Architecture, Application & Integration Architecture, Data Architecture and Technology Architecture is defined for that project.
The Solution Architect will participate in design sessions, review options and provide recommendations while communicating benefits, risks, and constraints to both the business and the various IT stakeholders.
The Solution Architect is expected to support the long-term architecture direction and to drive the organization toward its strategy. The Solution Architect will attempt to balance between these long-term strategic objectives and the immediate business requirements.
The individual will work closely with other Solution Architects, Technical Architects, Information Architects and Security Architects as part of the Architecture and Design Team.
- Reports to the Senior Manager, Solution Architecture and will provide time and attendance reporting in conjunction with project governance at client.
- Ensure that new solutions and enhancements to legacy (where possible) follow the direction set by the Reference Architecture and work towards an enterprise solution as opposed to a project-only focus.
- Participates and supports activities outside of projects to support the gathering of information, documentation of artifacts and the management of the current state information.
- The Senior Solution Architect should be able to think out-of-the-box to develop solutions that takes into account known risks, ease of support, and complexity and cost considerations.
- Provides guidance to development teams to ensure alignment to the agreed design throughout the lifecycle of the project and is actively involved when variations occur.
- Designs solutions that not only meet the current project requirements but also is flexible, scalable and provide ease of maintenance and support.
- Must be able to develop high-level presentation material around the desired solution and collaborate with multiple teams within Business and IT
- Present deliverables at the Architecture Review Board to get approval of the desired solution
- The Senior Solution Architect is expected to gain a high level of expertise within one or more functional and technical areas. This level of expertise will include the business context of the solution as well as ways of applying the technical infrastructure to best support the solution.
- The Solution Architect is expected to identify solutions that promote stabilization and improve the “health” of applications.
- The primary area of responsibility will focus on delivery of complex solutions enabling the future state architecture for client.
- Define, lead, and deliver solution blueprints in areas including but not limited to Supply Chain Planning applications such as JDA Demand, JDA Fulfillment, JDA Inventory Optimization, SAP ECC.